EXPLAINING THE 7V7 BUILD OUT LINE
A build-up line will be implemented for all CPL matches in the U8 to U10 age groups. PUNTING & DROP KICKS ARE NOT ALLOWED
* IF THERE IS NOT A BUILD OUT LINE PRESENT, PLAYERS WILL RETREAT TO MIDFIELD WHEN THE GK HAS POSSESSION.
1. All opposing players must retreat behind the build-up line on goal kicks or when the goal keeper has the ball in their hands following a save.
2. Once all opposing players have retreated behind the build-up line the Goalkeeper may then distribute the ball to his or her teammates.
3. Once the goalkeeper distributes the ball the opposing team may cross the build-up line to defend.
4. Restart on any infraction of this rule will be an Indirect Free Kick from the spot where the opponent illegally crossed the build-up line
5. A player will not be deemed in an offside position until they cross the BUILD OUT LINE to place themselves between that line and the goal line.